Friday 1 November 2013

Ancillary Task Preparation: Website

 
As part of our project, I have decided to utilise my skills in web design to make a promotional website for our band. As well as enabling me to develop my skills, this will be the ideal way to promote our band's album within our genre, as research has shown that a large proportion of our audience use the internet to discover new bands.


A screenshot of the initial developments of our website can be seen above. The header image features the band's logo, and to depict the house styling portrayed in the logo, a simple black and white theme will be continued throughout the website. The header also features a performance shot that we took when we filmed this part of our music video, which instantly gives website visitors a feel of the style portrayed by the band. The navigation bar can then be seen below, which will be shown on every page, enabling easy navigation by the user.

As this website will be built as part of my of one of my BTEC ICT units, I will construct my website using raw HTML and CSS coding, and the coding for the website so far can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment